TNPS holds annual membership meetings / conferences near sites of botanical significance, giving members additional opportunities to meet fellow members and discuss their interests. The two-day annual meetings always include programs about native plants, as well as field trips led by expert field botanists.
Projects and Activities
Among the projects and activities of TNPS are:
- publication of the book Wildflowers of Tennessee, the Ohio Valley, and the Southern Appalachians;
- support for the companion work, a technical manual of the flora of Tennessee, Guide to the Vascular Plants of Tennessee;
- assistance and support for the online Tennessee and Kentucky Plant Atlas;
- funding of scholarships for college students at native plant conferences;
- assistance with plant inventories at state parks;
- support for land conservation purchases.
We are always interested in welcoming new members! You may join TNPS at any time by filling out and mailing the membership application with a check for your annual dues, or by completing the online application with payment by credit card or PayPal. Regular membership includes seniors and families. Dues for each calendar year currently are:
Regular — $20
Institution — $50
and Life — $250
Student membership is complimentary and good for four years without renewal. An email address (preferably school-linked) is required for newsletter delivery, plus your expected year of graduation. Please send your information using the Contact Us form. When using the form indicate that the Subject is membership and be sure to enter your graduation year.
Membership is renewable at the end of each calendar year. Please send your dues and any postal address or email address changes to:
Tennessee Native Plant Society
P.O. Box 159274
Nashville, TN 37215
Or you may make payment by credit card or PayPal using our online form. For address changes between renewal dates, please send an email with your name and address change. Not sure if you’ve paid your dues? Check your newsletter mailing label—the year through which you have paid dues is printed at the top.