Membership includes access to a variety of field trips throughout Tennessee during the growing season, a print or electronic version of our newsletter, monthly seminars, and the camaraderie of like-minded native plant enthusiasts.
TNPS holds annual membership meetings / conferences near sites of botanical significance, giving members additional opportunities to meet fellow members and discuss their interests. The two-day annual meetings always include programs about native plants, as well as field trips led by expert field botanists.
Projects and Activities
Among the projects and activities of TNPS are:
- publication of the book Wildflowers of Tennessee, the Ohio Valley, and the Southern Appalachians;
- support for the companion work, a technical manual of the flora of Tennessee, Guide to the Vascular Plants of Tennessee;
- assistance and support for the online Tennessee and Kentucky Plant Atlas;
- monthly Native Plant Seminars via zoom;
- funding of scholarships for college students at native plant conferences;
- assistance with plant inventories at state parks;
- support, guidance and grants for planting native plant gardens at homes and schools.
We are always interested in welcoming new members! You may join TNPS at any time by filling out and mailing the membership application with a check for your annual dues, or by completing the online application with payment by credit card or PayPal. Regular membership includes seniors and families. Dues for each calendar year currently are:
Regular/family — $20
Institution — $50
and Life — $250
Student membership is complimentary and good for up to four years without renewal. An email address (preferably school-linked) is required for newsletter delivery, plus your expected year of graduation. Please use the Student Application form.
Membership is renewable at the end of each calendar year. Please print the mail-in form and send your check for dues to the address on the form.
Or you may make payment by credit card or PayPal using our online form. You may make annual dues payments on or about January 1st or you may elect to have your dues automatically charged annually. Either way, please print a copy of your receipt for future reference.
For address changes between renewal dates, please send an email to email@example.com with your name and address change.