- This event has passed.
Event: Trails and Trilliums
April 8 - April 10
Trails and Trilliums: An April Adventure!
Plan now to attend the Friends’ 18th annual Trails & Trilliums, April 8-10 (COVID willing). This weekend-long naturalist rally will be headquartered at the DuBose Conference Center in Monteagle, with hikes and workshops taking place throughout South Cumberland State Park.
Highlights of the 2022 event:
• David Haskell: This year’s Wine & Wildflowers will kick off with a talk by acclaimed author David Haskell (“The Forest Unseen,” “The Song of Trees”). His new book “Sounds Wild and Unbroken” comes out in March and will be available at the Friday evening reception at Cravens Hall, the University of the South.
• Expert Naturalists will provide three days of guided hikes, workshops and slide presentations, with opportunities to focus on one of our key “Naturalist Tracks.” These include Geology of the Plateau, Birding, Wildflowers, Gardening with Native Plants, Tennessee Trees, Nature Journaling, Astronomy and more.
• Native Plant Sale: Great natives from our “perennial” supplier, Overhill Gardens.
• Family Outdoor Activities including pioneering, fairy houses, hands-on wildlife, family hikes, and an owl program.
• Reasonable hotel rooms and cabins, RV/tent camping are all available at DuBose Conference Center. Plan to stay for the weekend.
• Proceeds support our great South Cumberland State Park!
Registration opens soon! Visit http://www.trailsandtrilliums.org to learn more.